- 30 Lessons for Loving. Karl Pillemer. 2015. Hudson St. Press. Great advice from actual couples on how to keep a relationship thriving.
- The 5 Love Languages. Gary Chapman. 1992. Northfield Pub. A useful way of looking at how we express and receive love.
- Love and Awakening. John Welwood. 1996. HarperCollins. A transpersonal and spiritual approach to intimate relationships.
- The Invisible Partners. John Sanford. 1979. Paulist Press. A very insightful application of Jungian ideas to relationships.
- A Little Course in Dreams. Robert Bosnak. 1986. Shabhala. An excellent exposition of dreamwork.
- Dreams: discovering your inner teacher. Clyde Reid. 1983. Winston Press. A small but useful introduction to Jungian dreamwork
- Dreamtime &Dreamwork. Ed. Stanley Krippner. 1990. Tarcher. A selection of writings on dreamwork.
- Care of the Soul. Thomas Moore. 1992. HarperCollins. A classic guide to cultivating depth and sacredness in everyday life.
- Inner Knowing. Ed. Helen Palmer. 1998. Tarcher/Putnam. A selection of inspired writings on consciousness, creativity, insight and intuition.
- Sabbath. Wayne Muller. 1999. Bantum Books. A passionate argument for slowing down and making our lives more sacred.
- Jung: Selected Writings. Anthony Storr. 1983. Fontana. A comprehensive introduction to Carl Jung’s main ideas and writing.
- Living Your Unlived Life. Robert Johnson & Jerry Ruhl. 2007. Tarcher/Penguin. How to recognize and fulfill your purpose in the second half of life. http://www.jerryruhlrobertjohnson.com/
- Mirrors of the Self. Ed. Christine Downing. 1991. New Consciousness Reader. A selection of writings on the application of archetypal Jungian ideas to self-development.
- Getting Past Your Past. Francine Shapiro. 2012. Rodale. A very useful resource on how to use EMDR for self-help.
- EMDR. Francine Shapiro and Margot Forrest. 1997. Basic Books: HarperCollins. A popular introduction to the benefits of EMDR.
- EMDR Institute. http://www.emdr.com/ This site has some useful studies of EMDR.
- EMDR International Association. http://www.emdria.org/ This is the professional organization for EMDR practitioners.