Class 1: The Experience of Individuation
The Hero’s Journey:
- Hero’s Inner Journey Part 1 – a video presentation on the inner aspects of the hero’s journey and how it applies to Individuation (27 minutes)
- Hero’s Journey I – Handout – a handout of the slide in the above video
- Individuation: Becoming your True Self – a video presentation on the basic ideas, practices and attitudes we need for individuation (23 minutes)
- Individuation-handout– a handout of the slides in the above video
- The Way of Individuation – excepts from the book by Jolande Jacobi
- Seeking Wholeness – this is my book from 2001. Part III is most relevant to individuation. Contact me if you wish to purchase a copy.
- Living an Examined Life by James Hollis – an excellent short book on the wisdom we need to cultivate for the “second half of the journey.”
Class 2: Two Sides of the Ego
- The Two Sides of the Ego – a video presentation on both the positive and shadow aspects of the ego (24 minutes)
- Two Sides of the Ego – a handout of the slides in the above video
- Stages of Development – an overview of the ideas of Erik Erickson on ego development over the life span
- Excerpt from “Paths to God” – a short reading on the ego from the book by Ram Dass
- Self Love – a short extract from, Love: The Mystery and Foundation by Roderic Knowles (book unavailable)
Class 3: Owning the Shadow
- Dancing with the Shadow – a chapter from my adolescent memoir with reflections on the Personal Shadow, the Family Shadow, Gold in the Shadow and Projecting the Shadow.
- Jungian Shadow – two short readings by Jacobi and Jung on the shadow.
- The Shadow System – a short video on the shadow and dreams by Joseph Campbell
Class 4: Contacting the Self
- Spokes of the Sacred Wheel – a video presentation on spiritual practices given to Interface Boulder in October 2020 (57 minutes).
- Paths to God by Ram Dass – a book based on a course Ram Dass gave at Naropa on the teachings of the Bhagavad Gita.
- Appreciating Dreams – an article on dream appreciation
- Dreamwork Readings – excerpts from books by various authors on dreamwork
Introduction to C.G. Jung
- The Essential Jung– a short introduction to Jung’s ideas by Anthony Storr
- C.G Jung at Bollingen–a video of Jung around his 75th birthday
- Memories, Dreams, Reflection by C. G. Jung – his autobiography
- C.G. Jung Speaking, eds. McGuire & Hull – a selection of interviews and memories
- A Guided Tour of the Collected Works of C. G. Jung by R. Hopcke – a basic introduction to all Jung’s ideas and writings