Class 1: The Experience of Individuation
The Hero’s Journey:
- Hero’s Inner Journey Part 1 – a video presentation on the inner aspects of the hero’s journey and how it applies to Individuation (27 minutes)
- Hero’s Inner Journey I – a handout of the slide in the above video
- Hero’s Inner Journey Part II – a video presentation on the second part of the hero’s journey with emphasis on the Quest and suggestions for practice (15 minutes).
- Hero’s Inner Journey 2 – a handout of the slides in the above video
- Individuation: Becoming your True Self – a video presentation on the basic ideas, practices and attitudes we need for individuation (23 minutes)
- Individuation – a pdf handout of the slides in the above video
- The Way of Individuation – excepts from the book by Jolande Jacobi
- Seeking Wholeness – this is my book from 2001. Part III is most relevant to individuation. To purchase a copy go to: Seeking Wholeness.
- Living an Examined Life by James Hollis – an excellent short book on the wisdom we need to cultivate for the “second half of the journey.”
Class 2: Two Sides of the Ego
- The Two Sides of the Ego – a video presentation on both the positive and shadow aspects of the ego (24 minutes)
- Two Sides of the Ego – a pdf handout of the slides in the above video
- Stages of Development – an overview of the ideas of Erik Erickson on ego development over the life span
- Excerpt from “Paths to God” – a short reading on the ego from the book by Ram Dass
- Self Love – a short extract from Love: The Mystery and Foundation by Roderic Knowles (book unavailable)
Class 3: Owning the Shadow
- Owning the Shadow – a video presentation on the personal shadow, how it is formed and how we can work with it. (25 minutes)
- Owning the Shadow – a pdf handout of the slides in the above video
- Dancing with the Shadow – a chapter from my adolescent memoir with reflections on the Personal Shadow, the Family Shadow, Gold in the Shadow and Projecting the Shadow.
- Jungian Shadow – two short readings by Jacobi and Jung on the shadow.
- The Shadow System – a short video on the shadow and dreams by Joseph Campbell
Class 4: Contacting the Self
- Contacting the Self – a short video on the Self
- Contacting the Self – a pdf handout of the slides in the above video
- Seeking Wholeness by Roland Evans – Part III, the Path Toward Wholeness, pp. 169 – 211.
- Jung on the Self – snippets of writings and interviews by Jung
- The Eye that Sees Itself – by Shimon Malin. Inner explorations of the Self.
- Kabbalah – Jewish mystical writings from the 13th and 14th century
- Spokes of the Sacred Wheel – a video presentation on spiritual practices given to Interface Boulder in October 2020 (57 minutes).
- Paths to God by Ram Dass – a book based on a course Ram Dass gave at Naropa on the teachings of the Bhagavad Gita.
Class 5: The Path of Relationship
- The Path of Relationship – a video presentation on relationship and loving as a spiritual path (29 minutes).
- Path of Relationship – a pdf handout of the slides in the above video
- Love Quotes – extracts from Love: The Mystery and Foundation by Roderic Knowles (book unavailable)
- Love 2.0 – a chapter on Loving Kindness from Love 2.0 by Barbara Fredrickson
- Marriage as a Sacred Journey – a talk I gave to the Friends of Jung in Boulder, 2014.
- Spirituality and Relationship in Later Life – by Jerry Ruhl and Roland Evans. A chapter in Jung and Aging (2014), Spring Journal Books.
Class 6: Integration and Commitment
- Integration and Commitment – a video presentation summarizing what to do and how to be on the individuation path (22 minutes)
- Integration and Commitment – a pdf handout of the slides in the above video
- Dreaming of Change – an blog article on the use of mind maps to guide our intentions to change
- Inner Talents – an blog article on discovering and using our talents
- Finding Your Life Purpose – a blog article on life purpose
- Spirituality in Everyday Life – a blog article on embodying spirituality
- Appreciating Dreams – an article on dream appreciation
- Dreamwork Readings – excerpts from books by various authors on dreamwork
Introduction to C.G. Jung
- The Essential Jung – a short introduction to Jung’s ideas by Anthony Storr
- C.G Jung at Bollingen – a video of Jung around his 75th birthday
- Memories, Dreams, Reflection by C. G. Jung – his autobiography
- C.G. Jung Speaking, eds. McGuire & Hull – a selection of interviews and memories
- A Guided Tour of the Collected Works of C. G. Jung by R. Hopcke – a basic introduction to all Jung’s ideas and writings